Displaying: All / All
Why did Dagger switch from 3" foam bulkheads to 2" Synergy® foam?
Advantages of 2” Thick Synergy® Foam:
- Polyethylene foam is 100% recyclable.
- Unlike cross-linked foams, the Synergy® foam does not out gas, which results in fewer bubbles in the sealant.
- Bulkheads are cut on a water jet machining system resulting in accurate, consistent shapes based on CAD data.
- Two ½” deep routed slots on the hatch side of the bulkhead allow the foam to be compressed in place resulting in a tight fit between the hull and bulkhead.
- ¼” beveled edge on both sides of the bulkhead create more surface area for the sealant to bond with the foam and hull.
- 75 bulkheads were pull tested with the results showing a 38% increase in pull strength over the existing 3” cross-linked foam
- After a mere 4 days of cure time, a sample boat was paddled in off-shore conditions and car topped for over 1,000 miles with no signs of separation in the sealant.